THE POSITION: OBS/GYN, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine
Horizon Health Network, Saint John area (Region 2), is actively seeking two (2) Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialists to join a collegial and hardworking group of Obstetricians in Saint John, New Brunswick.
The Saint John Regional Hospital is the largest tertiary care hospital in New Brunswick and is the Trauma and Cardiac Centre for the province. We serve the greater Saint John area of approximately 120,000 people with an annual birth rate over 1500/year. We are a satellite teaching site for Dalhousie University Obstetrics and Gynecology, Family Medicine and Emergency Residency Programs. We currently offer a very competitive AFP funded MFM position with optional call responsibilities. We are seeking a dynamic MFM Specialist who can help build our existing Maternal Fetal Medicine Unit. Wide array of opportunities for teaching, research and medical leadership is available for any prospective candidates. In addition to being located on the beautiful Bay of Fundy, Saint John offers the benefits of Academia in what many consider to be the best Community Hospital in the province.
Horizon has an annual budget of approximately $1.1 billion and has more than 12,600 employees, 1,100 physicians and 5,200 volunteers, auxiliary and alumnae members, as well as 17 foundations and 18 auxiliary and alumnae organizations. Horizon ensures representation from urban and rural areas through a 15-member Board that consists of 7 appointed and 8 elected members of the public.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Hours of work are normally provided between 0800hrs – 1600hrs Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Service/Department Head.
These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network.
The Physician will deliver appropriate inpatient and outpatient services in the field of maternal fetal medicine and provide on-call coverage in coordination with other members of the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine. A typical weekly schedule will include:
· Provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic and therapeutic services
· Hospital-based clinics at Saint John Regional Hospital
· Involvement in teaching residents and medical students
· Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
AFP remuneration for Maternal Fetal Medicine services.
Moving Expense Allowance.
EXPECTED START DATE:
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
A playground in Atlantic Canada surrounded by fresh waterways on one side and the ocean on the other.
With a community of Maritime and Acadian people whose rich friendly culture will include you.
To a community where families are able to raise their children in a safe, close-knit environment with a reasonable cost of living.
The Saint John area offers you a broad range of affordable housing options, from heritage properties to executive homes within the city and in nearby Kennebecasis Valley. Saint John, a booming harbour city is Canada's oldest incorporated city (1785) and home to the country's oldest museum and farmers' market. For partners and families, there are excellent employment and educational prospects. The nearby towns and villages, such as St. Stephen, Sussex, and Grand Manan, provide a diverse selection of recreational and sport activities that appeal to all age groups.
· Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Maternal Fetal Medicine.
· Must hold a valid license to practice medicine in the Province of New Brunswick
· Must be a member in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick and the New Brunswick Medical Society.
· Must have current malpractice insurance from the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) appropriate to the category of practice.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
· Good attendance and work record.
· Physically able to perform assigned duties.
Applicants are invited to send their CV to Dr. Suma Satya, Clinical Academic Head, Department of OBS/GYN via email: Dr.Suma.Satya@HorizonNB.ca