Horizon Health Network, Saint John area (Region 2), is actively seeking a full-time pediatric endocrinologist, either locum or permanent, to join our collaborative team in Saint John, New Brunswick. The Saint John Regional Hospital is New Brunswick’s largest tertiary care hospital, and the Department of Pediatrics has an active inpatient and outpatient unit along with a Level-3 NICU. The successful candidate will join a team of eight general pediatricians, six sub-speciality pediatricians (in the areas of Child Development, Neurology, Palliative Care and Neonatology), two diabetes nurses, one endocrinology nurse, and a pediatric dietitian. As a full-time pediatric endocrinologist, you will provide general pediatric endocrine clinics as well as a multi-disciplinary type-1 diabetes clinic. This position also includes general pediatric ward and call coverage. There is opportunity for teaching and research through Memorial University and Dalhousie University academic affiliations.
Horizon has an annual budget of approximately $1.1 billion and has more than 12,600 employees, 1,100 physicians and 5,200 volunteers, auxiliary and alumnae members, as well as 17 foundations and 18 auxiliary and alumnae organizations. Horizon ensures representation from urban and rural areas through a 15-member Board that consists of 7 appointed and 8 elected members of the public.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Hours of work are normally provided between 0800hrs – 1600hrs Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Service/Department Head.
- After-hours and weekend call coverage in coordination with members of the Department.
These responsibilities are basic. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network:
- Provide ambulatory care in a clinic setting.
- Provide inpatient care as required and requested by the Clinical Department Head.
- Practice in a collaborative fashion as a member of an interdisciplinary team and consult with members of other health professions as appropriate.
- Participates in departmental medical education initiatives.
- Provide on-call services during statutory holidays, evenings and weekends as part of the on-call schedule for the Department.
- Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
This is a Salaried position. Remuneration is based on the New Brunswick Medical Pay Plan. The current rates range between $241,748 to a maximum of $293,904 annually (locums receive 10% of the base salary in lieu of benefits) based on qualifications and experience.
On call remuneration is Fee-For-Service which is a direct compensation between the physician and Medicare New Brunswick.
§ Candidates may be eligible for a Provincial Recruitment Incentive with a Return of Service Agreement. (Locums not eligible.)
§ Moving Expense Allowance with a Return of Service Agreement. (Locums not eligible.)
EXPECTED START DATE:
§ January 1, 2022
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
A playground in Atlantic Canada surrounded by fresh waterways on one side and the ocean on the other.
With a community of Maritime and Acadian people whose rich friendly culture will include you.
To a community where families are able to raise their children in a safe, close-knit environment with a reasonable cost of living.
The Saint John area offers you a broad range of affordable housing options, from heritage properties to executive homes within the city and in nearby Kennebecasis Valley. Saint John, a booming harbour city is Canada's oldest incorporated city (1785) and home to the country's oldest museum and farmers' market. For spouses and families, there are excellent employment and educational prospects. The nearby towns and villages, such as St. Stephen, Sussex, and Grand Manan, provide a diverse selection of recreational and sport activities that appeal to all age groups.
§ A medical degree is required.
§ Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
§ Candidates must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
§ Proficiency in English is required. Bilingual skills would be considered an asset.
§ In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
§ Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
§ Good attendance and work record.
§ Physically able to perform assigned duties.
· Applicants are invited to send their CV to Dr. Paul Maloney, Clinical Academic Head, Department of Pediatrics - Saint John, via email: Paul.Maloney@HorizonNB.ca