NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE : To be determined
FACILITY : To be determined
DEPARTMENT : Human Resources
CLASSIFICATION : Occupational Health Physician
STATUS : Permanent part-time
FTE : 0.5
ANTICIPATED DATE : June 2022
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The Occupational Health Physician for Vitalité Health Network will provide medical support to improve attendance within the Network and provide advice to support Occupational Health and Safety programs. The Occupational Health Physician will work in collaboration with the Human Resources team and the Regional Manager of Occupational Health and Safety to ensure the consistency and alignment of programs and practices throughout the Network while promoting an inclusive workplace free of discrimination against employees and physicians with health problems.
The main responsibilities of the Occupational Health Physician will include facilitating early return to work from illness or injury for employees and physicians by educating the medical staff on attendance/disability management processes within the Network and through collaborating with the medical staff to determine limitations or restrictions. The Occupational Health Physician will promote clear lines of communication with the medical staff, WSNB and the other stakeholders in these areas of responsibility and will examine case management files according to professional standards and provide feedback/recommendations to facilitate satisfactory resolution.
- New Brunswick licensure and privileges with the Network;
- Training and accreditation with the Canadian Board of Occupational Medicine or willingness to obtain;
- Experience and expertise in occupational health and attendance management programs considered an asset;
- Experience and expertise in infection control / infectious diseases;
- Adherence to standards and the Network’s policies and procedures;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Skilled in reviewing the clinical work of others against professional standards and clinical practice guidelines;
- Ability to be a team player in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Excellent critical thinking, reasoning and decision-making skills;
- Ability to respond to urgent situations and to adapt to change and stressful situations;
- Ability to travel within the region or sector of responsibility as needed;
- Attendance at professional training sessions on occupational medicine;
- Attendance at joint meetings of the regional health authorities concerning the harmonization of occupational health best practices;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French is required.
- Salary commensurate with wage scale for New Brunswick doctor staff.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.