The Moncton Hospital, a facility within Horizon Health Network, is recruiting a Medical Microbiologist. The Moncton Hospital Laboratory is a new state of the art facility, IQMH accredited laboratory. The microbiology section has a full service in bacteriology, parasitology, mycology, molecular diagnostics and serology; and is staffed by a superb, congenial team of medical technologists. The position of medical microbiologist consists of microbiology laboratory oversight, and advice to other health care professionals. There is no requirement for Infectious Diseases service, however, such can be arranged if desired. The Medical Microbiologist is an active participant in the Infection Prevention and Control and Antimicrobial Stewardship programs.
The successful candidate will join a congenial group of laboratory physicians consisting of 7.5 anatomical pathologists, a medical biochemist, one hematopathologist and a microbiologist.
Horizon Health Network, www.horizonnb.ca, is one of the largest health-care organizations in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
The Moncton Hospital is a 386-bed tertiary and critical care facility within Horizon Health Network. It is a major referral hospital which serves communities throughout New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and northern Nova Scotia. It is a Level II Trauma Centre which offers tertiary services in neurosurgery, oncology and neonatal care and includes all other major services and subspecialties. The hospital has two state of the art MIS suites as well as a new outpatient complex including an up-to-date GI/endoscopy suite, clinics and minor OR suites.
The Moncton Hospital offers excellent opportunities for teaching and clinical research and has academic affiliation with Dalhousie University. The hospital is one of the largest employers within metro Moncton, employing 3,000 staff and physicians.
HOURS OF WORK
- Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
- On-call coverage to be discussed
A typical weekly schedule will include:
- Oversight of microbiology laboratory testing services
- Development, evaluation, validation and verification of new testing methodologies
- Participation in the Infection Prevention & Control program
- Participation in the Antimicrobial Stewardship program
A salaried model of remuneration is provided, excluding benefits and source deductions:
- Fully certified specialist, as determined by the New Brunswick College of Physicians and Surgeons, is a minimum of $360,032 annually (excluding benefits and source deductions) based on qualifications and experience with an increase after one year of satisfactory service.
- Non-certified specialist, as determined by the New Brunswick College of Physicians and Surgeons, is a minimum $296,141 annually (excluding benefits and source deductions) based on qualifications and experience with an increase after one year of satisfactory service.
- On call remuneration is fee for service and in addition to the amount listed above.
These rates are based on New Brunswick’s Medicare Medical Pay Plan and are subject to changes based on policy updates.
- Moving expenses as per the provincial policy
- Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment with Dalhousie Medical School, https://medicine.dal.ca/
EXPECTED START DATE:
As soon as possible.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
The city, with adjoining municipalities, has a population of more than 152,000, and was ranked as one of the best Canadian cities for quality of community life. There is an abundance of educational, cultural and recreational opportunities including easy access to warm water beaches of the Northumberland Strait and the scenic Bay of Fundy area. Visit the City’s website at www.moncton.ca.
· The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine requires certification or fellowship in Medical Microbiology of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or eligibility to write the examination for Fellowship in Medical Microbiology or hold an equivalent qualification.
· Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick. https://www.cpsnb.org/
Applicants are invited to forward their CV along with three clinical references to Annette Sellen @ Annette.Sellen@HorizonNB.ca or visit NBhealthjobs.com.