NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Internal Medicine Department / Endocrinology Division
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 or 12-hours shifts - Day
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Reporting to the Endocrinology Division Head and Medical Director in question, the endocrinologist is a specialist who diagnoses and treats a wide range of diseases involving the endocrine and metabolic system in adults. The endocrinologist has specific skills in the medical care of inpatients and outpatients presenting endocrine or metabolic pathologies.The endocrinologist is also required to take part in research activities in their field of practice.The endocrinologist takes an active part in the teaching activities in their department, in close collaboration with the Centre de formation médicale du Nouveau-Brunswick.
- Degree from a recognized medical school and residency granting a licence in internal medicine;
- A recognized medical school is a school that meets the following criteria:
- Accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Medical Schools (CACMS) or the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) (in the United States);
- Listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools with a note for Canada;
- Recognized certification in endocrinology from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada;
- Experience (one to three years) considered an asset;
- Any other combination of training and experience deemed relevant and equivalent could be considered;
- Licence from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick;
- Active member of the Canadian Medical Protective Association or equivalent liability insurance association;
- Member of the New Brunswick Medical Society;
- Privileges with Vitalité Health Network;
- Registration with New Brunswick Medicare;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network’s management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The remuneration is fee-for-service.
- Moving expenses allowance.
- This job is also posted on NBhealthjobs.
- Possibility of a recruitment incentive depending on eligibility, as determined by the Department of Health (return of service required).
- For more information about Vitalite Health Network, please visit the Network’s website.
- For more information about the community, please visit the website.City of Moncton's
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.