Family Physician Opportunity – Perth Andover region, part of the Upper River Valley Area, New Brunswick
Horizon Health Network, Perth Andover region, Department of Family Medicine is actively seeking two permanent full time family physicians for the Perth-Andover region to join the rural Family Medicine team of the Upper River Valley Region in western New Brunswick. The successful applicants will have the responsibilities of office practice and in-patient care of their own practice patients
The candidates will be required to follow the care of their patients upon admission to the Hotel Dieu of St. Joseph Hospital in Perth Andover. Candidates must possess adequate credentials to obtain medical staff hospital privileges, and are also encouraged to participate in the hospital's Emergency Medicine roster.
The Hotel-Dieu of St. Joseph Hospital (HDSJ) provides many services to the villages of Perth-Andover, Plaster Rock, Tobique First Nations and other surrounding communities in the geographical area. HDSJ staff, as part of the Upper River Valley Area , work collaboratively with all the service providers at the Upper River Valley Hospital in Hartland, NB.
There are over 800 employees, 45 physicians and 115 volunteers who provide service in the Upper River Valley area facilities and services with an operating budget of approximately $67 million.
• Responsible for own in-patient care; Including but not limited to admission, history and physical examination, daily rounds, discharge summary, appropriate referrals and follow up after discharge.
• Performs clinical duties including but not restricted to seeing and assessing scheduled and unscheduled patients for routine and illness care, prescribing treatment, consults, referral to other healthcare professionals as required, making home/hospital visits as necessary and appropriate follow-up to patients across the lifespan.
• Provide family-centered primary care by taking into account risk factors (environmental, social, psychological and medical) in a manner which can be understood by the client, and when applicable, their families.
• Participate in the use of departmental and corporate evidence-based rules of practice to ensure that expected standards of care are achieved.
• Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
• Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment and education for individuals, families and the community.
• Maintain a minimum patient caseload of 1200 patients.
• Participate in medical staff meetings/conferences.
• Participate, by consensus of medical staff in teaching and supervision of medical students and residents
• Other duties that may arise by circumstance and may be assigned by the Medical Director and/or the Chief of Family Practice.
Note: These responsibilities are the basic and prime duties associated with this position; other related and allied duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network.
• Attend appropriate CME events as required to maintain membership in the CFPC or equivalent to those requirements.
• Comply with the policies and procedures of the Department of Family Practice.
• Comply with the provisions of the Hospital Act, the Regional Health Authorities Act, the Medical Services Payment Act, and their regulations.
• Comply with the Health Authority bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies and procedures.
• Follow the Code of Ethics of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
Remuneration is fee for service with billings submitted directly to New Brunswick Medicare and licensure by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
• Moving Expense Allowance
EXPECTED START DATE:
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Situated west-centrally in New Brunswick, the region of Perth-Andover, in the Upper River Valley is situated along the majestic Saint John River Valley, and provides services to a population in excess of 10,000 people. Nestled between the rolling hills of the upper river valley, this picturesque village is often referred to as the "Gateway to the Tobique." Ten kilometers to the west of the Municipality is the U.S. border and to the south about 80 kilometers is the entrance to Interstate 95 leading to the New England states.
The town of Perth-Andover www.perth-andover.com offers many amenities and attractions; Public Library, K-grade 12 schools, the Waterfront Park with picnic facilities, barbeque areas, and docks, the Southern Victoria Historical Museum, a bandstand where one can enjoy music entertainment, a Farmers Market and various festivals such as the Gathering of the Scots Festival, the Larlee Creek Hullabaloo Music Festival and the Tuff Muck Challenge. For the sports and outdoor enthusiast, the community has an Active Living Fitness Centre, a multitude of athletic programs, a provincial trail (the NB trail) which is part of a national project to span from East to West. The NB trail http://sentiernbtrail.com is located on the old railway line and bridges both sides of the St. John River. The trail will eventually be connected with the Appalachian Trail. www.appalachiantrail.org
Other Outdoor activities include canoeing, boating, hiking, biking, world class cross country skiing just across the U.S. Border, connecting snowmobiling trail systems, golfing (3 excellent courses within 30 minutes) just to name a few.
• Must hold a valid license to practice medicine in the Province of New Brunswick
• Must be a member in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
• Must have current malpractice insurance from the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) appropriate to the category of practice.
• Must be certified in CPR and ACLS.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
• Good attendance and work record.
• Physically able to perform assigned duties.
Applicants are invited to forward their CV along with three references to Molly Pevlin, Physician Recruitment Advisor at Molly.Pevlin@HorizonNB.ca